The Sunset Switch is used to switch outdoors lights (or indoors light when applicable) off when they are not required in daylight. In its most basic form, the unit senses outdoors light level and switches a relay on and off, thus turning the lights wired to it on or off. Traditionally the lights would turn on during sunset, therefore it is commonly known as a Sunset Switch.
Features and Benefits:
• 4 in 1 patented design
• Easy mode and timer programming using internal DIP switches
• Can be programmed to turn off at a fixed time every day – Real Time mode
• Industry compatible form factor suitable for retrofitting to HPM base
• IP rated product for worry free outdoor installations
• Heavy-duty brass terminals
• Max rated load 3840W (incandescent and PCB)
• 15 minute step timer range, up to 15.75 hours (or daybreak)
• All required parts are supplied including glands and DIP switch tool
• Quick installation with a short warm up time
• Higher power relay – fewer units are needed to control more lights
• Descriptive internal label for easy installation and set-up
• Turn ON/OFF delay stops inadvertent switches
Mode 1 | Standard mode: Traditional dusk ‘til dawn switching – turns lights on and off when a set level of ambient light is reached.
Mode 2 | Timer mode: ‘OFF’ time after sunset can be set by the installer (useful when the lights are only required to turn on during the 1st part of the night).
Mode 3 | ECO mode: Turns off for a period of up to 35% of the night, adapting and adjusting with the seasons. The unit will turn on for 50% of the length of night then turns off for up to 35% of the night and then turns back on until dawn. This is most useful when returning and leaving home at the beginning of the evening and the dark hours of the morning. This mode provides direct savings as the light is turned off during the night when it is not needed.
Mode 4 | Real Time mode: Real Time mode allows the selection of a desired turn OFF time for the power every night. In real time mode the power will turn ON at dusk and will turn OFF consistently at the same desired time every night.